Job opening: SUPERVISORY SECURITY SPECIALIST
Salary: $132 368 - 172 075 per year
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Join DCSA as the Branch Chief of Agency Liaison (AL) in the Customer Liaison & Engagements (CLE) Program. Drive transparency in PV operations, foster customer partnerships, and enhance policies and processes. Share investigative insights with Federal agencies and the public, leveraging expertise in Trusted Workforce 2.0 & Performance Accountability Council initiatives, and experience with Personnel Security Policy. Make your mark in a vital leadership role and join America's Gatekeeper!
As a SUPERVISORY SECURITY SPECIALIST you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Act as Senior DCSA Agency Liaison for Federal customer agencies and industry partners on investigative products that support SSC requirements, DCSA processes and procedures, SSC policies and investigative workload management.
- Communicate and facilitate national-level SSC program goals, objectives and work plans with customer agencies and industry partners.
- Review draft policy and provide input on impacts to product quality, investigative timeliness and customer usability.
- Facilitate and/or make presentations regarding DCSA PS in meetings with other offices, agencies, industry partners, or groups.
- Monitor workloads and projects, coordinate team assignments to balance workload and ensures team completes work assignments and special projects in a timely manner.
- Represent DCSA customer needs and challenges within DCSA to ensure the customer perspective is represented in program operations.
- Prepare responses to requests and inquiries on matters relating to DCSA's investigations program responding to inquiries and correspondence referred from other DCSA offices.
- Must be a US citizen
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service. For more information http://www.sss.gov
- Resume and supporting documents received by 11:59PM EST will be considered
- This is a Drug Testing designated position
- Position is a (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under U.S.C. 1601
- Work Schedule: Full Time
- Overtime: Occasionally
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- PCS (Permanent Change of Station): May Be Authorized
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
- Financial Disclosure: Not Required
- Telework Eligibility: This position is telework eligible, but is not a full time telework position. The incumbent will be required to report to the office on a routine basis.
- If selected, the incumbent must obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance as indicated in job announcement.
- Position requires Security Fundamentals Professional Certification within 24 months of assuming the position.
The experience described in your resume will be evaluated and screened from the Office of Personnel Management's (OPMs) basic qualifications requirements. See: http://main.opm.gov/policy-dataoversight/ classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0080/security-administration-series-0080/) for OPM qualification standards, competencies and specialized experience needed to perform the duties of the position as described in the MAJOR DUTIES and QUALIFICATIONS sections of this announcement by 09/11/2023
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position.
You must have specialized experience sufficient to demonstrate that you have acquired all the competencies necessary to perform at a level equivalent in difficulty, responsibility, and complexity to the next lower grade (GG/GS-13) in the Federal service and are prepared to take on greater responsibility. Generally, this would include one year or more of such specialized experience.
Specialized experience for this position includes:
Advanced experience with financial business practices, performance management and measurement, efficient and effective financial management processes.
Reviewing and preparing budget estimates and financial plans and formulating long-range budgetary requirements with knowledge in policies, concepts and agency strategic direction.
Gathering, assembling, and analyzing sources of factual data and information required to develop, justify, and present resource requirements and budget related products.
Specifically you will be evaluated on the following competencies:
1. Leadership: Influences, motivates, and challenges others; adapts leadership styles to a variety of situations.
2. Oral Communication: Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
3. Partnering: Develops networks and builds alliances; collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
4. Security Adjudication: Adjudication is the review and consideration of all available information to ensure an individual's loyalty, reliability, and trustworthiness are such that entrusting an individual with national security information or assigning an individual to sensitive duties is clearly in the best interest of national security.
5. Security Program Management: Manage security equities (e.g., strategic, personnel, infrastructure, policy enforcement, emergency planning, and other resources) for a program or other area of responsibility.
Substitution of education may not be used in lieu of specialized experience for this grade level.
- Address Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency
27130 Telegraph Road
Quantico, VA 22134
- Name: DCSA Servicing Team
- Phone: 614-692-2886
- Email: [email protected]