Job opening: SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST
Salary: $123 914 - 161 090 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT AND PROGRAM ANALYST in the G-1 Division of MARFORCOM NORFOLK.
You will serve as the senior force structure analyst, with responsibility for giving guidance and supervising all other analysts.
You will manage and supervise development and implementation of Marine Corps policies and procedures for force structure management.
You will manage the internal staffing of human resources within the Marine Forces Command Headquarters and the Headquarters and Services Battalion, ensuring these units are properly staffed to accomplish assigned missions.
You will analyze and evaluate MARFORCOM operational concepts; determine and propose effective force configuration/integration to achieve maximum efficiency of deployment/employment options.
You will provide functional management for the Table of Manpower Requirements (T/MR), Manning Level Process (Authorized Strength Report), and Troop list.
You will act as primary Assistant to the Assistant Chief of Staff for Personnel with the administrative and executive functions of the division.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- This position is eligible for part time, substantial or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: eveloping policies and procedures for work force management, analyze, document, and develop work force structures to support oragnization mission, and performing operational and statistical analysis of work force structure requirements.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARFORCOM NORFOLK
1775 Forrestal Drive
Norfolk, VA 23551
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]