Job opening: POSTAL OPERATIONS SPECIALIST
Salary: $75 640 - 98 330 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Postal Operations Specialist of NAVSUP FLC PEARL HARBOR.
You will participate in the training and inspection of unit and conducts briefs to command leadership regarding postal operations.
You will conduct specialized training sessions and briefings for units and various commands served.
You will ensure that appropriate and correct mail handling procedures are practiced.
You will be responsible for issuing and enforcing mail policies to commands.
You will perform a variety of postal duties including acceptance, screening, sorting, and distributing incoming
mail (USPS, FEDEX, UPS, DHL and other premium carriers).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-09) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09) or pay band in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector applying thorough knowledge of U.S. Postal Service (USPS), Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Navy (DON) Postal regulations, policies, requirements, principles, practices, procedures and methods sufficient to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the day to day postal operations and mail services for an official and registered mail program. I have experience applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to monitor and recommend improvements to the systematic flow and distribution procedures and technical methods of U.S. Mail, Inter- Agency Mail, and Messenger Mail delivery and pickup system between the NCR, USPS, DOD agencies and the Postal Operations Branch. I have experience applying accountability and financial procedures by establishing and maintaining controls on postal/mail expenditures to ensure the most cost effective and proper use of official mail resources. Examples of specialized experience may include:1) Administer the full spectrum of postal retail operations, such as stamp & money order sales, postage sales for packages, customs forms and personal mail delivery via Postal Service Centers; 2) Oversee and/or ensure provision of timely receipt, proper distribution and dispatch of U.S. Mail, Inter-Agency and Messenger Mail, and other postal services for the Postal Operations Branch; 3)Utilize accountability and financial procedures for recording metered postage, paper stamps, and other postal monetary expenditures, as well as investigate and evaluate postage metering process for official mail to prevent waste, fraud or abuse; 4) Identify, evaluate and analyzing different mail functions and operational deficiencies and develop recommendations to resolve problems and issues;4) Develop and recommend actions regarding policy implementation for both operational and administrative training matters; and 5) Develop, maintain, and continually update training material used in the execution of the overall postal mission supporting postal activities.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:master's or equivalent graduate degree
2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
LL.B. or J.D., if relatedA transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVSUP FLC PEARL HARBOR
1942 Gaffney Street, Suite 100
JBPHH, HI 96860
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]