Job opening: SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (POLICY AND PLANNING)
Salary: $107 809 - 140 155 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (POLICY AND PLANNING) in the Code 109, Information Technology & Cyber Security (ITACS) office of PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF.
You will serve as a branch head, responsible for a wide range of information Technology (IT) projects, programs and IT activities.
You will provide long and short-range capital and strategic planning, development and implementation of systems and projects.
You will review and analyze records, reports and studies of production and staff utilization and evaluate work progress, efficiency and effectiveness.
You will be responsible for managing and executing local processes, protocols and procedures.
You will conduct, evaluate and recommend resolution of complex issues and adopt new or enhanced approaches to delivering IT resources and services.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 801 Advanced level within 12 months of appointment.
- Work may be performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You may be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector developing policy related to Information technology (IT) equipment, operating systems, operating methods and techniques for an organization to follow; AND, managing short and long range planning efforts to accomplish the organization's mission, goals, and objectives. Your experience must reflect skill in the following areas: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF
667 Safeguard Street
Pearl Harbor, HI 96860-5033
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]