Job opening: PHYSICAL SECURITY SPECIALIST
Salary: $42 386 - 93 545 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Physical Security Specialist in the Mission Support Division, Code 121200 of NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY.
You will be working with a multifaceted Physical Security Program that includes but not limited to Arms Ammunition and Explosive (AA and E), electronic security measures, key and lock program management, security container management.
You will be interpreting and applying physical security instructions, plans and policies in accordance with DoD, DON or higher headquarters physical security standards and policies.
You will be providing security planning, surveying proposed sites, designing and inspecting secure areas located aboard NRL-DC, field sites and other locations that house NRL assets.
You will be conducting physical security inspections, assessments and surveys for classified and/or unclassified assets.
You will be applying knowledge of key and lock requirements for securing perimeter fences, facilities, secure rooms and security containers (safes).
You will be responsible for developing, maintaining and updating a Physical Security Database that tracks and inventories all security hardware, key, security containers and secure combination both inventoried and issued for divisional use.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for Demo jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower band level. This requirement is called time-in-band. Time-in-band requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This position is considered Key/Non-Combat Essential. You will be required to provide immediate and continuing support of the expeditionary requirements in other than combat or combat support situations.
Your resume must demonstrate at least three years of general experience that includes one year of experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-04) or pay band (NO-01) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. General experience must demonstrate most or all of the following: Analyzing problems to identify significant factors, gathering pertinent data, and recognizing solutions; planning and organizing work; and, communicating effectively orally and in writing.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Four year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree.
A combination of experience and education as described above that equates to one year of experience. My percentage of the required education plus my percentage of the required experience equal one hundred percent.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVAL RESEARCH LABORATORY
4555 Overlook Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20375-5324
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]