Job opening: LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $47 533 - 61 793 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in the LOGISTICS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT of NAVSEALOGCENKYPTDIVNUWC MECH PA.
You will serve as a logistics analyst, evaluating numerous logistics phases and Integrated Product Support (IPS) elements to ensure proper support identification and readiness throughout the product life cycle.
You will monitor and manage the logistics efforts of various DON and DoD organizations and/or other government agencies plus the efforts of prime vendors or manufacturers' representatives contracted for the rendering of IPS.
You will participate in the process and productivity of Integrated Process Teams (IPTs) responsible for planning the initial and sustainment logistics needs of the acquisition project.
You will tailor policy, concepts, and procedures to meet program guidelines and to stay within funding constraints and ensures that IPS directives are incorporated into the support provisions of various ship construction/overhaul/equipment contracts.
You will provide guidance and advice to life cycle support IPS Managers regarding the design and development of new ILS approaches, concepts, practices, and methods.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-05) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector gathering and analyzing basic logistics information to assisting in identifying requirements, issues, options, and alternatives.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
The following education may be substituted for specialized experience at the GS-07:
One full year of graduate level education.
A bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement.
A combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience. The percentage of the required education plus the percentage of the required experience equal one hundred percent.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVSEALOGCENKYPTDIVNUWC MECH PA
5450 Carlisle Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]