Job opening: Human Resources Specialist (NAF)
Salary: $59 505 - 71 995 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
The Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Human Resources Office is searching for a motivated professional to join their team as a Human Resources Specialist, NF0201-04. Telework may be authorized as determined by the agency policy.
Provides a full range of HR services for managers and employees; advises management and employees on complex personnel issues.
Performs extensive technical and specialized work in the areas of staffing, pay administration, training, incentive awards, performance administration, employee benefits, portability of benefits, management employee relations and labor relations.
Applies knowledge of regulatory compliance to address and resolve routine and complex issues requiring a thorough comprehension and experience applying and interpreting policies, regulations and directives pertaining to NAF employment.
Monitors, directs, trains and oversees a team of lower graded HR staff when required.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Occasional travel for training purposes to off post locations is required
- This is a CHRA NAF Career Path II position. Incumbent must complete the requirements for CHRA NAF Career Path II within twenty-four (24) months of placement into the position
1. Possess eighteen (18) months or more of work experience in a human resources office which demonstrates knowledge of at least two of the following functional human resources competencies: Staffing, Recruitment, Position Classification, Management Employee Relations, Labor Relations, or Training.
2. Experience analyzing, evaluating and recommending appropriate resolutions to complex interrelated Human Resources problems and issues.
3. Possess prior experience using Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and the ability to work with a variety of human resources information systems.
The related work experience must have been equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the next lower pay band (NF-03).
Highly Preferred: In addition to above minimum qualification requirements, applicants will possess twelve (12) months of prior work experience in a NAF Human Resources Office and have successfully completed training in Basic Staffing, Customer Service, Organizational Structure, Basic Writing, and Time Management.
Note for Applicants: In order to receive full consideration for "highly preferred" criteria, the applicant must provide the following support documentation: Course Title, Course Description, Duration of course (i.e. 3 hours or 3 days), Certificate of Completion and/or Training History or transcript.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address CHRA NAF Human Resources Office Fort Liberty
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Liberty, NC 28310
- Name: Human Resources Support Team (HRST)
- Phone: 0000000000
- Email: [email protected]