Job opening: SUPERVISORY LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $123 914 - 161 090 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Supervisory Logistics Management Specialist in the Log Plans/OPS Branch of MARFORCOM NORFOLK.
You will make executive level decisions on readiness and resourcing in support of logistics programs, policies, and plans.
You will ensure execution of logistic support meets requirements for accuracy timelines, prioritization, resourcing, and validation.
You will direct the development of new ground logistic plans, programs and policies as required, making deadliness/resourcing decisions and recommendations to implement policy.
You will provide continuity, policy guidance, and recommendations to the decision and supports staff on operational-level logistics, operations/theater-level logistics, and Join and Service concept development and experimentation.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: planning, managing, and overseeing the execution of ground logistic support for operations, training, and exercises of operating forces; and directs development or analysis of logistic plans, programs and policies for implementation.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARFORCOM NORFOLK
1775 Forrestal Drive
Norfolk, VA 23551
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]