Job opening: PROGRAM ANALYST
Salary: $68 297 - 107 421 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a PROGRAM ANALYST in the Operations and Analytics Branch of the Central Coordination Office at the Fleet Readiness Center Southwest.
The position has a broad range of responsibilities associated with development and
execution of various industrial logistics analytical products.
Duty Station: San Diego, CA
You will monitor operations and identify systemic issues that can be improved to achieve increased production, contribute to significant cost savings or improve customer satisfaction.
You will correlate, analyze and manipulate data in order to provide insight to system performance and trends.
You will communicate effectively orally and in writing during analysis development and presentation.
You will utilize your computer skills in MS Office products, Qlik, NDMS, BOE, and SQL. Statistical background, Python or R programming is a plus.
You will analyze programs and projects to evaluate effectiveness, recognize weaknesses in work processes and formulate meaningful solutions that result in positive impact and overall productivity improvements.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
For the GS-11 Program Analyst position:
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1. Analyzing and evaluating (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) the effectiveness of line program operations in meeting established goals and objectives; 2. Researching and investigating new or improved business and management practices for application to agency programs or operations; 3. Developing data visualization to communicate results for use in the management and direction of programs; 4. Performing corrective action required to obtain and maintain fleet customer throughput requirements while deploying fundamentals of program and project management.
For the GS-09 Program Analyst position:
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1.Assisting in analyzing and evaluating (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) the effectiveness of line program operations in meeting established goals and objectives; 2. Researching and investigating new or improved business and management practices for application to agency programs or operations; 3. Identifying data required for use in the management and direction of programs; 4. Recommending corrective action required to obtain and maintain fleet customer throughput requirements while deploying fundamentals of program and project management.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
For a GS-0343-11, PROGRAM ANALYST:
Have successfully completed a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.
Have successfully completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent degree.
Have successfully completed an LL.M. degree that is related to the position being filled. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiringpaths/students/federal-occupations-by-college-major/ E. I have a combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience. My percentage of the required education plus my percentage of the required experience equal one hundred percent.
For a GS-0343-09, PROGRAM ANALYST:
Have successfully completed a master's or equivalent graduate degree.
Have successfully completed two full years of progressively higher graduate level education leading to a master's degree.
Have obtained an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to the position being filled. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/students/ federal-occupations-by-college-major/
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address FLEET READINESS CENTER SOUTHWEST
Fleet Readiness Center Southwest
PO Box 347058
San Diego, CA 92135-7058
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]