Job opening: SUPERVISORY ADMINISTRATIVE/TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Salary: $86 962 - 158 860 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY ADMINISTRATIVE/TECHNICAL SPECIALIST (BRANCH MANAGER) of the EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT BRANCH of the SECURITY DIVISION in the CORPORATE OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER.
This position is equivalent to the GS-13/14 level.
You will administer program resources to execute the policies/processes/procedures governing Physical Security, Antiterrorism, Electronic Security Systems, Emergency Mgmt., Continuity of Operations, Alarm Response Center and Security Desk operations.
You will review security program requirements, identify deficiencies, develop recommendations, prepare reports, conduct briefings, and perform follow-up actions.
You will plan and implement technical and procedural security programs for the protection of classified information, personnel, and property at all NSWC Crane facilities within assigned areas of responsibility.
You will participate in the design, planning and deployment of complex security systems, including surveillance equipment, photographic identification equipment, access control equipment, intrusion detection and alarm monitoring equipment.
You will draft procedures, schedules, arranges for and/or perform security inspections.
You will provide guidance to the command on interpretation and implementation of security policies, programs and procedures.
You will interact with managers and senior planners on a wide range of security concepts, principles and practices for managing complex security programs.
You will be designated command Security Officer with direct reporting to the NSWC Crane Commanding Officer.
You will direct the work of subordinate staff and perform supervisory responsibilities that include assigning work, establishing and evaluating performance standards, providing staff development plans, and taking disciplinary actions.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- MSP/PPP applicants must currently hold the required security clearance.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower pay band, NT-04 (GS-11/12 equivalent) or grade level in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector leading and executing physical security policies and procedures to provide technical guidance and direction on the analysis and resolution of vulnerabilities or security issues ensuring compliance to security program requirements.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0000/security-administration-series-0080/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
300 Highway 361
Crane, IN 47522-5001
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]