Job opening: Medical Support Assistant (Office Automation)
Salary: $45 216 - 58 783 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: This position is located with the Department of Behavioral Health, Family Advocacy Program at Evans Army Community Hospital, Fort Carson, Colorado.
Serves as Medical Support Assistant (MSA) for the Family Advocacy Program (FAP) at a medical treatment facility (MTF) and provides direct assistance to the Chairperson, Case Review Committee (CRC) and the FAP staff.
Provides clerical/administrative and automation support for FAP and/or Social Work Services using multiple computer systems and technologies.
Provides administrative and medical support that requires the application of extensive guidelines and specialized knowledge for the FAP.
Review and maintain medical records and information directories.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation. A National Agency Check w/ Inquiries (NACI) background investigation is required.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to sign a statement consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- This position is inclement weather essential. This means that you must be willing to make every attempt to report for duty on time and/or remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes demonstrated/documented experience that involves 1) entering, maintaining and/or updating health care records to maintain data base information; 2) preparing correspondence and/or reports ensuring correct grammar and format to support communication efforts AND 3) utilizing office and clinical automation systems to input, store, retrieve and manipulate data. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-05).
***This position requires a typing proficiency of at least 40 words per minute (WPM) based on a 5 minute sample with 3 or fewer errors.
For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address M1-W2P1AA US ARMY MEDDAC-FORT CARSON
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Carson, CO 80913
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk