Job opening: IT Specialist (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC)
Salary: $72 553 - 128 956 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
The position is at the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, Identity Credentialing & Access Management Division (ICAM), Credentialing & Issuance Branch (CIB), with primary responsibility providing 24x7x365 access management support for all systems and services to support the Fiscal Service Enterprise Mainframe System infrastructure, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and RSA SecurID two factor authentication infrastructures of Fiscal Service customers in accordance to Fiscal Service Enterprise Policy.
NOTE: Based on current hiring restrictions, selectees may be subject to additional approvals prior to an offer being extended.
As an IT Specialist (SYSADMIN/INFOSEC), you will:
- Provide 24x7x365 provisioning and de-provisioning support for all systems and services in support of the Fiscal Service Enterprise Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), RSA SecurID, two factor authentication infrastructures & Mainframe System infrastructures as scheduled. Incumbent provides 24/7 on call ICAM support as assigned. Consistently serve an integral role in providing hands on support to Service Desk inquiries, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Provide Active Account Management while ensuring identification and authentication controls. Provide access management support as required to include provisioning and de-provisioning of user account access within the user enterprise environment. Also provide support as needed in the installation, testing, maintenance, and upgrading of equipment and software supporting the Enterprise Mainframe System, PKI Public Key Infrastructure and RSA SecurID services provided within Fiscal Services data centers and secure areas.
- Perform incident and problem management associated with the Enterprise Mainframe System infrastructure, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), RSA SecurID, two factor authentication infrastructures hosted within Fiscal Service data centers and secure areas. This includes monitoring performance/availability, evaluating incidents/problems, and providing corrective actions to Enterprise Mainframe, PKI and RSA System technology to resolve any issues.
- Provide technical support pertaining to all enterprise System services. This includes providing technical guidance, training, consultation and additional support to other enterprise support staff, other ISS technology support staff, and ISS customers on subjects such as enterprise PKI, RSA and Mainframe System architecture and capabilities, platform alternatives, configuration alternatives, standards and procedures and performance management.
- Evaluate all enterprise system hardware/software to test, modify, or improve existing enterprise System services for Fiscal Service and assist with implementing new systems of greater complexity. This includes Enterprise Mainframe System, PKI, RSA SecurID, LDAP, etc. technology associated with higher performance, greater reliability, and higher supportability from the technology vendor.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your résumé.
For the GS-12, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility at the GS-11 level in the Federal service or equivalent, which have equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position includes experience performing IT security and system administration work that involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools in order to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems, networks, and data.
Examples of this experience could include:
- Experience as a system administrator supporting software that monitor enterprise scale IT infrastructure; OR
- Experience developing and automating security hardening procedures for various application systems; OR
- Developing or designing testing procedures for IT Management or systems; OR
- Experience as a systems administrator implementing and supporting software that monitors, scans, and patches in enterprise scale IT infrastructure.
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must have IT-related proficiency in each of the four competencies listed below: (No Answer)
- Attention to Detail, such as reviewing, documenting, following guides and standard operating procedures for impact on existing system technologies.
- Customer Service, such as providing technical support pertaining to enterprise system service.
- Oral Communication, such as participating with other support groups in areas such as incident/problem resolution or project planning and implementations.
- Problem Solving, evaluating all enterprise system hardware/software to test, modify, or improve existing enterprise System services.
For the GS-11, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility at the GS-09 level in the Federal service or equivalent, which have equipped the candidate with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized experience for this position includes experience performing IT security and system administration work with clear precedents, under limited supervision, involving the participation of planning, and troubleshooting, and maintenance of software systems in order to resolve software system issues and recover data in the event of system failure.
Examples of such experience could include:
- Experience with customer service and troubleshooting IT related systems; OR
- Experience implementing security procedures, contingency plans, and other IT initiatives for server operating systems;
In addition to meeting specialized experience, applicants must have IT-related proficiency in each of the four competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail, such as performing the installation, testing, maintenance, and upgrading of equipment and software.
- Customer Service, such as providing support for the analysis and studies of customer needs for initial and/or additional enterprise System services.
- Oral Communication, such as providing technical guidance, training, and instruction to lower grade IT Specialists.
- Problem Solving, such as such as performing and supporting IT studies in which alternatives are set forth or derived.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree. Attach a copy of transcript or list of college courses designating semester or quarter hours earned to ensure proper credit.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.