Job opening: IT PROJECT MANAGER (INFOSEC)
Salary: $82 830 - 151 308 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an IT PROJECT MANAGER (INFOSEC) in the INTELLIGENCE OPERATIONS DIRECTORATE of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER, located in White Sands, NM.
You will demonstrate outstanding technical leadership in a frontier area which influences major projects, proposals, and direction of major work.
You will serve as a recognized expert and technical authority whose ideas form a basis for research or development ideas by others.
You will conceive, plan, and conduct pioneering work of outstanding scope, difficulty, and complexity in unexplored or heretofore unpromising areas of investigation.
You will plan, coordinate, direct, organize, allocate resources, budget, and successfully execute organizational specific IT goals.
You will evaluate feasibility of new concepts and principles and make recommendations on continuance or abandonment of work.
You will integrate program planning and execution for new and existing Surface Ship Combat Systems (SSCS) across Warfare Center Divisions.
You will effectively work within the budgetary and programmatic environment established at NAVSEA and OPNAV.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area Knowledge Manager level Intermediate within 12 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the NT-4 (GS-11 and GS-12 equivalent) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Coordinating and integrating program plans to execute IT goals and determine IT needs for new and existing Surface Ship Combat Systems (SSCS) in compliance with budgetary restrictions. Your experience must reflect skill in the following areas: attention to detail, customer service, oral communication, and problem solving.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/2200/information-technology-it-management-series-2210-alternative-a/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
4363 Missile Way
Port Hueneme, CA 93043
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]