Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (LABOR REL/EMPLOYEE RELATIONS)
Salary: $93 858 - 122 016 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECLIAST (LABOR AND EMPLOYEE RELATIONS) in the Human Resources Office (HRO), Business Directorate of NAVFAC SOUTHWEST.
You will advise managers on unfair labor practices and grievances.
You will inform managers when changes to conditions of employment require bargaining on impact and implementation.
You will recommend disciplinary measures (e.g., warnings, cautions, reprimands, suspensions) to supervisors.
You will collaborate with managers and senior-level officials on labor negotiations to resolve differences between parties.
You will respond in writing to union proposals resulting from changes in working conditions.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to complete ethics orientation within three months of appointment and submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report, OGE-450, within 30 days of appointment.
- You will be required to complete the Navy Labor Negotiation Seminar and Management Representative courses.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Acting as a consultant, providing guidance and interpretation of concepts, principles, laws and regulations to management and employees in the areas of Labor and Employee Relations; 2) Assessing potential impact and precedent-setting implications of pending employee/labor disputes; 3) Advising management on achieving progressive discipline in accordance with established policy; and 4) Developing and delivering briefings, status reports, and correspondence to managers and the workforce on labor and employee relations matters; 5) Advising management regarding negotiability determination and participating in impact and implementation bargaining sessions.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address NAVFAC SOUTHWEST
750 Pacific Hwy
San Diego, CA 92132
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]