Job opening: Operations and Plans Officer
Salary: $132 368 - 183 500 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
About the Position: This Operations and Plans Officer position is assigned to the Program Executive Office Intelligence, Electronic Warfare and Sensors in the Office of the Project Manager Cyber and Space, located outside Fort Meade in Hanover, MD.
Provide planning and operational management for a wide range of efforts critical to the operation of the organization.
Interpret, develop, implement, and provide oversight of policies and procedures related to the planning, integrating, and operational support missions.
Keep management informed/briefed on status of various open taskings/issues involving required administration and management actions, including action with higher headquarters and other federal agencies, and resolves diverse and complex problems.
Initiate, coordinate, review, and/or execute actions pertinent to the strategic planning for the near and long-term Project Office schedule in achieving the Program Manager's missions and objectives.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position.
- Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level Practitioner in the Acquisition Career Field Program Management within 60 months of entrance on duty.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Top-Secret security clearance with sensitive compartmental information or access for the duration of employment.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- The duties of this position require submission of, on an annual basis, OGE 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of up to 25% of the time.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as performing duties that include: 1) Providing operational support and overseeing and directing administrative activities in support of a Product/Project Manager; 2) Developing, coordinating, and implementing policies and procedures in support of organizational mission and objectives; and 3) Briefing leadership and organization staff regarding status of taskers and organizational events.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (NH-03/GS-13).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address AG-APF-W6DP04 PEO IEW AND S FT GEORGE G MEADE
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk