Job opening: Commissary Support Clerk
Salary: $37 979 - 49 372 per year
Published at: Sep 21 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Serves as a Commissary Support Clerk in a commissary store at a Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) facility. The primary purpose of this position is to perform a variety of store-level work associated with accounts and price maintenance. Incumbent may also be assigned supply clerical duties.
Performs basic account maintenance procedures to ensure files, logs, and reports are complete.
Ensures adequate stock and operating supplies are maintained.
Operates computer systems to input or correct data, and produce documents, reports, shelf labels and signs.
Verifies receipts against invoices.
Read the entire announcement before starting the application process.
- Be a U.S. citizen or national. Applicants with a Permanent Resident Card are authorized to live and work in the U.S. but are not eligible for employment in positions requiring U.S. citizenship. If selected, proof of citizenship is required.
- Meet minimum age requirement. See the Additional Information section for more information.
- Males born after 12-31-1959 must be registered with or exempt from Selective Service.
- Appointment is subject to successful verification of identity and employment eligibility through E-Verify. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Appointment is subject to a favorable suitability or fitness outcome, as determined by a completed background investigation. New federal employees will be fingerprinted.
- Be able to obtain and maintain clearance eligibility based on the appropriate background investigation.
- May be subject to a probationary/trial period.
- Have salary paid through direct deposit.
- Meet the physical requirements identified in the Qualifications section.
You must meet the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) qualifications for series 0303 and additional requirements by the announcement closing date. Your resume (and/or transcript if necessary) must clearly show that you have the qualifications described below. You can use experience, education, or a combination of the two to qualify.
Experience: One (1) year of progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of this position (general experience).
Education: Two (2) full years of successfully completed education above high school at an accredited business, secretarial, technical school, junior college, college, or university. Transcripts are required if relying on education, in whole or in part, to qualify. See Required Documents for more information.
Combination of experience and education: To calculate the combination, divide your total months of experience by 12, then divide your semester hours by 60 and add the two percentages. If the total is 100%, you meet the minimum qualifications through a combination of experience and education.
You will receive credit for all relevant qualifying experience (paid and unpaid), including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social).
Physical requirements: (1) Occasionally walk, stoop, and bend. (2) Lift, push, pull, carry, and handle items weighing up to 25 pounds independently. You will attest to your ability to perform these physical requirements in the Questionnaire.
As part of the online application process, you will respond to a series of questions designed to evaluate your level of experience in the position's competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics).
AccountingCommissary Store OperationsCommunicationMinimum Qualifications GS-04
Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Nonexempt
Bargaining Unit Status: Covered
Obligated Position: No
Those retired under CSRS or FERS considered: No. DoD criteria not met.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentives Offered: No
Telework eligible: No
Remote work eligible: No
Required education or education that can be used to meet qualifications is identified in the Qualifications section.
may be qualifying if a private organization specializing in interpreting foreign education programs has deemed the foreign education equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program or a U.S. accredited college or university has given full credit for the foreign courses.
See Required Documents for more information.
- Address Defense Commissary Agency West
1300 E Avenue
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA 23801-1800
- Name: DeCA DE West Servicing Team
- Phone: 614-692-3917
- Email: [email protected]