Job opening: Educational Aid (Special Education)
Salary: $15 - 26 per hour
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Part-time
About the Position:
Department of Defense Education Activity, Department of Defense Education Activity-Americas, Southeast District, Faith Middle School, Fort Moore, Georgia.
Description of the working environment: Work is performed in a classroom setting.
Monitoring students during various phases of school day
Provides assistance in toileting, feeding, eating and personal hygiene.
Supports educational efforts in the Special Education classroom and general education classroom as needed
Performs administrative tasks such as attendance records, filing, scheduling, and reviewing assignments
Works with students in accordance with plans developed by the specialist and educator.
Participates in Parent Teacher conferences
Preparing instructional materials related to classroom lessons
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Two year trial or probationary period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be vigilant in maintaining the confidentiality of school related matters.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the Education and/or Experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: progressively responsible clerical, office or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of an Educational Aide.
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
1) Qualifying based on education alone: Education may be substituted for general experience with 2 years (60 semester hours) of education above high school
.2) Qualifying based on a combination of education and general experience: A combination of education and general experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education by 60. Add the 2 percentages.
Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of undergraduate education is equivalent to 30 semester hours.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Communications and MediaSpecial Education SupportStandardsTeaching Others
Foreign Degrees and Course Work from Non-accredited Institutions. Credits or degrees earned from a foreign college or university must be evaluated prior to acceptance. Three evaluation procedures are acceptable:
1. The work may be evaluated and interpreted by the International Education Research Foundation, Inc., Credential Evaluation Service, Post Office Box 3665, Culver City, CA 90231-3665 or www.ierf.org/ or 310-258-9451.
2. The foreign institution that awarded the degree is on a list endorsed by a regionally accredited university or on a list endorsed by a state department of education for the purpose of teacher certification in that state (this procedure will require an English translation of the transcript and a copy of the document awarding the degree, together with an authenticated list produced by an American university or a state department of education); and
3. The work may be evaluated by the graduate division of a regionally accredited university and declared the equivalent of similar undergraduate or graduate work in a U.S. institution.
Graduates of non-accredited institutions may have their undergraduate work validated by admittance to graduate school and completion of a minimum of 5 SH of credit in a regionally accredited graduate college.
- Address Faith Middle School
1375 Ingersoll Street Bldg-1375
Fort Moore, GA 31905
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk