Job opening: SUPERVISORY MANAGEMENT & PROGRAM ANALYST
Salary: $117 831 - 180 178 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Life Cycle Maintenance Division Manager in the Class Maintenance Plan (CMP) Division of CARRIER PLANNING ACTIVITY.
You will responsible for managing, directing, executing and administrating all responsibilities under the cognizance of the Life Cycle Maintenance Division,
through subordinate NH-III (GS-13) Branch Managers.
You will exercise administrative supervision over program managers, production controllers, and engineering technicians, responsible for programs/projects associated with the life cycle engineering configuration management and of aircraft carriers.
You will assign work to subordinate personnel based on priorities, selective consideration of assignment difficulty and requirements, and ensuring timely completion and quality of work.
You will be responsible for carrying out Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policies and communicating support of these policies to subordinates.
You will identify and develop ways to resolve problems or cope with issues which directly affect accomplishment of program goals and objectives.
You will make both long-range analytical assessment and short-range, quick reaction evaluation to provide decision maker(s) with a sound qualitative and quantitative basis to formulate a judgment, select an alternative, and make a decision.
You will meet regularly with managers to be briefed on status of work in progress, including the manager's achievement of program goals.
You will advise and coach others involved with the aircraft carrier CMP processes in order to address issues, concerns and requirements of the aircraft carrier
You will manage and lead specific special projects as assigned and facilitates working groups that develop solutions, specifications and processes to resolve complex problems.
You will represent CPA on projects and studies performed through other government activities to ensure work performed is aligned with established objectives,
priorities, and deadlines.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower pay band NH-03( GS-13 equivalency) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: Evaluating program requirements using analytics to evaluate discrepancies and to identify deficiencies and recommend improvement strategies for ship maintenance planning and management.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address CARRIER PLANNING ACTIVITY
PEO Carriers PMS312C Carrier Planning A
Portsmouth, VA 23709-5091
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]