Job opening: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (NAVAL ARCHITECTURE)
Salary: $92 123 - 119 760 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN (NAVAL ARCHITECTURE) in the Engineering and Planning Department of PSNS and IMF.
You will coordinate planning and technical services to develop technical work documents which define detailed requirements necessary to accomplish authorized work for assigned projects.
You will submit prepared documents that will provide comprehensive, easy to understand details of work that must be accomplished to add new or repair/modify ship's components and/or systems.
You will apply work standards to estimate costs and man hours for the most efficient production effort.
You will provide services to accomplish troubleshooting, analyzing and resolving technical, administrative, financial, and scheduling problems related to assigned work.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: providing technical engineering advisory services including job planning, preparation of technical documents, (i.e., drawings, material specifications, test procedures) in support of the modification, overhaul, maintenance, or repair of ships.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Engineering Technical Series 0802 (opm.gov)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address PSNS and IMF
1400 Farragut Ave
Bremerton, WA 98314
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]