Job opening: Budget Analyst
Salary: $78 592 - 102 166 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). Employees occupying DCIPS positions are in the Excepted Service and must adhere to U.S. Code, Title 10, as well as Department of Defense Instruction 1400.25. This position is with the 780th MI BDE providing procedural advice and expertise in planning, programming, budgeting, and executing the annual funding programs which include travel, supply, equipment, and other miscellaneous expenditures.
Manage, allocate, and execute multiple fiscal appropriations enabling unit operations, training, travel, civilian pay, and supply
Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of financial obligations, commitments, and expenditures using Army accounting systems and in accordance with Army policies and procedures
Oversee Government Travel Card and Government Purchase Card programs to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures
Develop and prepare unit Planning, Programming, Budget and Execution (PPBES) and Program Objective Memorandum (POM) submissions to higher headquarters
- Position is considered Non-Combat Essential (NCE) and could be assigned to any location worldwide during periods of increased tension and mobilization.
- Must sign DD Form 2365 acknowledging certain levels of medical, security, performance, conduct, and overall fitness must be maintained to ensure suitability for assignment to an austere and stressful combat environment.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- In accordance with Change 3 to AR 600-85, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program, individual must successfully pass a urinalysis screening for illegal drug use prior to appointment and periodically thereafter.
- Must be willing to undergo and successfully complete a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination with No Deception Indicated (NDI) on a pre-appointment and periodic basis.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a TOP SECRET security clearance based on a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain access to National Security Agency (NSA) facilities and networks.
- Temporary duty (TDY) travel may be required 25% or less.
- All INSCOM employees may be subject to extended TDY or worldwide deployments during crisis situations to perform mission essential functions as determined by management.
- This is a Financial Mgmt Level 2 Certified position. Incumbent must comply with all DoD and DA requirements of this certification program. Failure to obtain this certification within the required time may subject the incumbent to adverse action.
Who May Apply:
Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
10-Point Other Veterans? Rating30 Percent or More Disabled Veterans5-Point Veterans' PreferenceCurrent Army Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) EmployeeCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesCurrent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)Current DoD Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Employee (non-Army)Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange AgreementDisabled Veteran w/ a Service-Connected Disability, More than 10%, Less than 30%Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferPrior Federal Service EmployeeUnited States Citizen Applying to a DCIPS Position
Army DCIPS positions apply Veteran's Preference to preference eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one (1) year of experience equivalent to at least the GG/GS-09 grade level which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as experience which includes: Assessing organizational mission requirements and preparing annual and five-year planning, programming, and budget submissions; managing and executing multiple fiscal appropriations to enable unit operations and reporting financial obligations, commitments, and expenditures using government accounting systems; and managing and overseeing Government Travel and Purchase Card programs. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level in the federal service (GG/GS-09).
Completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work of the position, such as Financial Management, Accounting, or Business Administration. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
The specialized experience described above, but less than one year; and at least two years of graduate education as described above, but less than the required three years. The percentage of requirements met must equal 100%. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Budget Formulation, Justification & PresentationComplianceConcepts, Policies, and Principles of BudgetFundamentals & Operations of Budget
If you are relying on education to qualify for this position, you must attach a copy of your transcripts for verification.
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address ST-IC-W6VAAA 780TH MI BDE
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Huachuca, AZ 85613
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk