Job opening: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Salary: $114 044 - 148 255 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN in the Research & Development Group, Weapons & Warfare Systems Test Dept, of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV POINT MUGU.
You will serve as a Senior Engineering Technician in the Research and Development Group, providing support to the E-2D Test Team.
You will ensure test planning support, Integrated T-E (IT-E) and mission based test design per current initiatives and Program Management Activity (PMA) guidance.
You will lead and collaborate with other team and collaborate with other team members to design NAVAIR 3960 test plans and procedures based on technical specifications and requirements.
You will provides technical support to developmental Test and Evaluation programs within the platform/system Integrated Test Team (ITT) and Integrated Program Team (IPT) structures.
You will work with Test and Experimentation Coordination Team (TECT), VX-30 aircrew/project officers, Point Mugu Sea Range, other National E-2D Integrated Test Team (ITT) members located at Patuxent River, MD.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-12) grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate some or all of the following: 1) Demonstrating experience in the test and evaluation of the Cooperative Engagement Capability; and 2) Demonstrating experience in networked combat system test and evaluation; 3) Demonstrating the ability to identify weapon system integration deficiencies; and 4) Communicating those problems to the requisite stakeholders; 5) Experience interfacing with weapon system hardware, such as arrays, antennas, computing equipment, and operator displays on or offboard tactical platforms; 6) Communicating with team members and stakeholders to reach a consensus is critical in executing successful tests.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV POINT MUGU
575 I Avenue Suite 1
Point Mugu, CA 93042-5049
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]