Job opening: ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
Salary: $80 015 - 104 016 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN in the AIRCRAFT & SPECTRUM INTEGR ENVIRO DIV, SPECTRUM WARFARE DEPT of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV POINT MUGU.
You will serve as the Point Mugu CoLaboratory Lab Technician.
You will assist in the development of short and long-term systems advancements through research and application of new technologies.
You will provide budgeting input and financial analysis/ROI for short- and long-term improvements.
You will manage procurement arrangements in support of approved plans and daily preservation.
You will be responsible for the operation, maintenance and sustainment of all equipment.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-11) grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate some or all of the following: 1) Providing project scope of work elements to the Facilities Management and Project Management (PM) Branch to facilitate the creation of project packages for execution under Section 233 and Naval Research and Development Establishment (NRDE); 2) Determining proper facility and laboratory equipment power, cooling, and occupancy loads; 3) Enforcing security requirements and assisting users in operations; and 4) Modifying standard practices and adapting equipment or techniques to solve a variety of problems.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV POINT MUGU
575 I Avenue Suite 1
Point Mugu, CA 93042-5049
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]