Job opening: ADMINISTRATIVE/TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Salary: $82 830 - 151 308 per year
Published at: Aug 31 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an ADMINISTRATIVE/TECHNICAL SPECIALIST in the Power and Energy Systems Division (JXM), Special Warfare & Expeditionary Systems Department (JX) of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER.
The salary range shown above represents all of the positions within the band, including high grade positions. This is not a high grade position; therefore, the salary may be limited to a GS-13 Step 10 (currently $128,043).
You will serve as Journey level Task Lead Portfolio will primarily cover Battery Safety testing for Navy and other services.
You will make recommendations and decisions relative to capturing new work, quotes for new and/or on-going work, and execution of projects.
You will plan and manage technical projects which contribute to the organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
You will develop written plans and presentations to interested parties on program/project status, problems, milestones, etc. is expected.
You will interface with division Technical Program Manager(s) to facilitate receipt of tasks and funding for technical projects.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower pay band, NT-04 (GS-11/12 equivalent) in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: coordinating and evaluating technical support related to project and financial requirements to develop and execute testing plans and track testing schedules for customer or fleet operations.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
300 Highway 361
Crane, IN 47522-5001
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]