Job opening: MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Salary: $64 722 - 84 135 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a MANAGEMENT ANALYST in the PUBLIC WORKS BUSINESS LINE of NAVFAC SOUTHWEST.
You will perform cost analyses to forecast funding needs.
You will issue guidelines for preparation of budget based on instructions and policies established by the command.
You will formulate, present, and monitor the organization's budget.
You will make recommendations for reprogramming funds and/or corrective action to ensure execution levels are met and are not exceeded.
You will apply complex fact-finding, analytical and problem-solving methods and techniques.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States drivers license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Monitoring the execution of the budget and recommending the reprogramming of funds. 2) Performing cost and/or workload analysis or functions affecting work operations, such as distribution of work procedures. 3) Preparing cost analyses and summaries of performance of cost centers, performs cost analyses of financial operations, and estimates of additional resources required to meet abnormal situations.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Applicants may qualify with the following education in lieu of the specialized experience qualification:
Successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree
Successful completion of two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree
Possession of an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to this position being filled. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/students/federal-occupations-by-college-major/
A combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NAVFAC SOUTHWEST
750 Pacific Hwy
San Diego, CA 92132
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]