Job opening: SUPERVISORY FINANCIAL ANALYST
Salary: $136 908 - 177 978 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Chief, Audit and Internal Control Division in Special Operations Financial Management (SOFM) Headquarters, United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM).
Plans, organizes, and oversees the financial statement audit and risk management and internal control programs of HQ USSOCOM, four (4) Service Special Operations Commands (USASOC, AFSOC, NSWC, MARSOC), and seven (7) TSOCs, one (1) Joint Sub-Unified Command (JSOC) and Military Services
Principal advisor to Chief Financial Officer, Special Operations Financial Management on compliance with the Anti-Deficiency Act (ADA).
Exercises supervisory personnel management responsibilities
HQ USSOCOM Primary point of contact for the command on compliance with financial management regulations, through regular financial management inspections of HQ USSOCOM, four (4) Service Special Operations Commands (USASOC, AFSOC, NSWC, MARSOC), and seven (7) TSOCs, one (1) Joint Sub-Unified Command (JSOC) and Military Services
Incumbent is responsible to ensure the core classified national information protection security disciplines of information are fully covered from a policy and programmatic view point to ensure overall information protection requirements meet mission requirements
- U.S. Citizenship Required
- Males must be registered for Selective Service, see www.sss.gov
- Applicants must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- If authorized, PCS will be paid IAW JTR and AF Regulations. If receiving an authorized PCS, you may be subject to completing/signing a CONUS agreement. More information on PCS requirements, may be found at: https://afciviliancareers.com/regulatory/
- This position is subject to provisions of the DoD Priority Placement Program
- This is a drug Tested position
- This a Centrally managed position in the Finance Career Field
- This is a Financial Management Level 3 Certified position IAW the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, Section 1599d
- Disclosure of Political Appointments
- Leave accrual may be authorized upon request
- Full/part-time employees occupying direct childcare positions are eligible for discounts IAW DAF AFSVC/CC Memo, 30 Sep 22; first child 100% / each additional child 25%. Other assigned CYP and FCC personnel are eligible for 25% discount.
In order to qualify, you must meet the specialized experience requirements described in the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standards for General Schedule Positions, for Administrative and Management Positions.
BASIC REQUIREMENT OR INDIVIDUAL OCCUPATIONAL REQUIREMENT:
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicant must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service, which has equipped me with the particular knowledge, skill and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. My experience includes knowledge of National Security, and Intelligence Community organizations' sensitive activities policies, legislation, and directives, in order to plan and develop functions, operations, policies, procedures, and the concepts, theories, and practices of complex procedures and techniques to unique situations in the sensitive activity intelligence, operations, or security arena; responsible for financial management operations, budgeting, and execution oversight of Special Access Programs..
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-14 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GS-15 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks. NOTE: Applicants applying as VEOA candidates who are current GS civil service employees or are prior GS civil service employees within the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the Congressional, Office of Management and Budget (OMB), and OSD Comptroller, programs, structures, processes, USSOCOM's mission, programs, review and processes and directives utilizing skill in explaining, defending, and advocating internal control/audit issues and positions to Congressional, OMB, and OSD review committees in support of USSOCOM programs and of Service programs affecting USSOCOM
2. Comprehensive knowledge of the DoD Audit, Internal Controls and Anti-Deficiency Act guidance, and documents. Requires intimate knowledge of USSOCOM's missions and the procedures to execute Internal Controls/Audits and ADAs
3. Knowledge of USAF, DoD, National Security, unified commands, joint staff and OSD organizations using detailed knowledge of force structure, command and control capabilities of USSOCOM, as well as, demonstrated knowledge of the responsibilities, functions, and operations of all interagency and DoD organizations involved in special operations mission areas
4. Knowledge of the relationship of the various entities and infrastructure involved in overall planning and execution of complex procedures and techniques for unique, one-of-a-kind, capabilities and concepts enacted to manage, plan, budget and execute intelligence and operations utilizing diverse support structures and inter-agency cooperation on advanced concepts, principles and practices
5. Ability to represent and serve as spokesperson for USSOCOM with senior executives and General Officers at OSD (USDI, OSD-C/CFO, ASD SO/LIC, OGC), Military Departments, JCS, and OMB levels
6. Ability to represent and serve as spokesperson for USSOCOM with senior executives and General Officers at OSD, JCS, and OMB levels while demonstrating the ability to advise others by accurately and effectively representing HQ USSOCOM equities in decision meetings and conferences as well as to Congress, OSD (USDI, OSD-C/CFO, ASD SO/LIC, OGC) Joint Staff, Military departments, and other departments
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
VOLUNTEER WORK EXPERIENCE: Refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service Programs (i.e., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student and social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge and skills that can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address SOCOM
7701 Tampa Point Blvd
MacDill AFB, FL 33621
- Name: Total Force Service Center
- Phone: 1-800-525-0102
- Email: [email protected]