Job opening: Supervisory Program Manager
Salary: $163 964 - 191 900 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
The Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Officer (CDAO) is the Principal Staff Assistant and senior official responsible for the acceleration of the adoption of data, analytics, and AI to generate decision advantage across the Department of Defense.
This is a Direct Hire Public Notice, under this recruitment, applications will be accepted for each location and/or installation identified in this Public Notice and selections are made for vacancies as they occur. There may or may not be actual/projected vacancies at the time you submit your application.
This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
This position is being filled under Direct Hire Authority (DHA) in accordance with Section 1109 of FY 2020 NDAA; P. L. 116.92 and Section 9905 of Title 5 U.S.C. This Public Notice is to gather applications which may or may not result in a referral or selection.
Please read this Public Notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application for consideration.
This position is a DoD Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1599f.
This position is in the Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It is being recruited under 10 U.S.C. 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service (CES) personnel system.
If you are a current Federal Career/Career-Conditional employee, you will be placed on an Excepted appointment.
This appointment does not confer eligibility to be non-competitively converted to an appointment in the competitive service.
For more information see https://public.cyber.mil/cw/dod-cyber-excepted-service-ces/
Incumbents typical work assignments may include the following:
Serves as Chief, Executive Decision Support Branch, Business Analytics and Insight Division, Business Analytics Directorate. In this capacity, the incumbent enables superior decision support to DoD senior leaders (Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense, Principal Staff Assistants, the Joint Staff, Combatant Commanders, etc.) through data-driven insight and analysis.
Leads enterprise-wide initiatives to advance the state of data management, data science, and analytics to drive decision advantage with oversight to include management of personnel, resources, vendors, budget, and quality assurance.
Manages the development of detailed long-range plans, tasks, and milestones to ensure proper sequencing of events and tracking of processes and costs throughout the lifecycle of the programs/projects.
Provides managerial expertise, guidance, and coordination to execute decision support teams to execute data management analytics projects.
Generates recommendations for new programs, policies, strategies, and approaches, and advises high-level managers of advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
Establishes program objectives and measures of performance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see https://www.sss.gov/Home/Registration)
- A three year trial period may be required if not previously completed a trial or probationary period in the excepted or competitive service.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment
- Required to participate in the direct deposit program
- This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service.
- For more information on the Cyber Excepted Service Personnel System, click here https://public.cyber.mil/cw/dod-cyber-excepted-service-ces/
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance with SCI and SAP components. A Special Background Investigation (SBI) is required with favorable adjudication by a determining authority.
- This position may require up to 20% occasional travel away from your normal duty station for official business on military or commercial aircraft.
- The incumbent may be required to work other than normal duty hours, which may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays and/or overtime.
For qualifications determinations, it is recommended that applicants include their months and hours worked per week for each employment listed on their resume. If a determination is not able to be made about the length of your creditable experience for qualification requirements, you will be removed from consideration.
Read more about what should I include in my federal resume? at https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/faq/application/documents/resume/what-to-include/
You may qualify at the GG-15 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirement:
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GG-14 grade level in the Federal service (experience may have been gained in the private sector) that demonstrates your ability in providing developmental and analytical support in executive-level initiatives such as organizational performance metrics, business intelligence analytics, and data-driven decision support.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualifications and education requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Education cannot be substituted for experience.
- Address Chief Digital and Artificial Intelligence Office
4800 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA 22350
- Name: Washington HQ Services
- Phone: 000-000-0000
- Email: [email protected]