Job opening: Supervisory Agricultural District Director
Salary: $107 915 - 140 293 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
Multiple positions may be filled from this vacancy. These positions are located in the Farm Service Agency, Virginia State Office. Duty locations will be determined upon selection within District 2 and District 5.
About the position: Provides oversight, problem advice, training and guidance to Country Committees and County staff; conducts ongoing evaluations of program and administrative operations; makes loan program decisions; and supervises agricultural farm loan managers.
Serve as agency representative between the State Office and Service Centers in an assigned district of service centers.
Provide oversight, program advice, training and guidance to County committees and service center staffs on commodity programs and farm loan programs.
Conduct ongoing evaluations of program and administrative operations in service enters within the district.
Make loan program decisions or recommendations in those areas beyond the delegated authority of the Farm Loan Managers.
Supervise Farm Loan Managers.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Subject to one year supervisory/managerial probationary period unless prior service is creditable. New USDA supervisors must successfully complete all components of the required training program before the end of their probationary period.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- CONFIDENTIAL FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE REPORT: If selected for this position you will be required to submit an Annual Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of your initial appointment date, and annually thereafter.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date 02/26/2024 of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions and specialized experience, as defined.
Specialized experience for the GS-13 level: Applicants must have one year of specialized work experience in the agricultural field (equivalent to the GS-12 grade level) in the Federal service. Experience that involved work in directing, planning, administering, and reviewing programs that demonstrate knowledge of the laws and regulations governing commodity and/or agricultural credit programs and of the particular application of national policies and objectives at the State level; understanding of farming practices and customs in the United States, and of the economic needs of farm communities at the State level; knowledge of current state and federal agricultural trends; and ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with representatives of public and private organizations, farmer's associations, and others, and to interpret regulations, programs, and policies affecting them.
Time in grade for the GS-13: Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirement of 52 weeks of service at the GS-12 level.
For more information on the qualifications for this position, click here: General Business and Industry Series 1101a (opm.gov)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
THE SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION IS NOT QUALIFYING FOR THE GS-13 LEVEL.
- Address Farm Service Agency
1400 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20250
- Name: Jennifer Falkner
- Phone: 303-880-5838
- Email: [email protected]