Job opening: Educational Aid (Special Education)
Salary: $18 - 31 per hour
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Part-time
About the Position:
This position is located at: Department of Defense Education Activity Americas, Americas Mid-Atlantic District, Gordon Elementary School, Fort Liberty, North Carolina.
Description of the working environment: Work is performed in a classroom setting.
Monitoring students during various phases of school day
Provides assistance in toileting, feeding, eating and personal hygiene
Supports educational efforts in the Special Education classroom and general education classroom as needed
Performs administrative tasks such as attendance records, filing, scheduling, and reviewing assignments
Works with students in accordance with plans developed by the specialist and educator
Participates in Parent Teacher conferences
Preparing instructional materials related to classroom lessons
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- You will be required to sign a mobility agreement, be available for worldwide placement, and be willing to rotate to any DoDEA location.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: progressively responsible clerical, office or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of an Educational Aid.
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below:
1) Qualifying based on education alone: Education may be substituted for general experience with 2 years (60 semester hours) of education above high school.
2) Qualifying based on a combination of education and general experience: A combination of education and general experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education by 60. Add the 2 percentages. Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of undergraduate education is equivalent to 30 semester hours.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Communications and MediaSpecial Education SupportStandardsTeaching Others
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address Gordon Elementary School
4200 Percy Blvd Bldg L-6323
Cameron, NC 28326
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk