Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (OA)
Salary: $44 117 - 57 354 per year
Published at: Jan 24 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (O/A) (LABOR AND EMPLOYEE RELATIONS/FRONT DESK)
in the COMMAND OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT, HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT DIVISION of FLTREADCEN SOUTHEAST.
***This Job Opportunity Announcement is using an additional online assessment tool to evaluate applicants. Please review the HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED, HOW TO APPLY, and WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT sections below for instructions.***
You will act as a referral for benefits information.
You will utilize oral and written communication to explain processes and procedures.
You will correct errors in personnel data.
You will utilize DoD and DON HR programs and processes for research, recruitment, data collection and processing.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing some or all of the following duties:
Providing program support for Labor and Employee Relations programs by responding to inquiries on procedures for disciplinary actions, grievances, appeals, etc;
Research rules, regulations, policies, and procedures in relation to personnel programs/benefits to resolve recurring questions;
Utilizing office automation systems and databases to create and maintain reports, and enter and retrieve information;
Performing a full range of standardized staffing clerical support work such as assisting preparing claims/employee paperwork, memoranda, etc.; and
Informing and assisting others regarding routine processing procedures in awards and benefits, and reviewing forms for completeness and correctness.
This position requires the ability to type at least 40 words per minute. Your response to the typing skill question on the Occupational Questionnaire will be used in your qualification determination.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=Group-Standards.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address FLTREADCEN SOUTHEAST
Fleet Readiness Center Southeast
Jacksonville, FL 32212
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]