Job opening: FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST
Salary: $99 200 - 128 956 per year
Published at: Jan 23 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST in the MANPOWER AND RESERVE AFFAIRS of MARCORPS NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION.
You will provide formulation of budget and estimates to support plans, programs, and activities, including presenting and defending budget estimates before authorities.
You will review and evaluate budget requests; control, and reporting of obligations and expenditures; development of Manpower and Reserve Affairs spend plans and funding requirements to include DTS and GTCC.
You will serve as Manpower and Reserve Affairs lead Organization Defense Travel Administrator (ODTA) for the Defense Travel System (DTS) by supporting all internal and external travelers utilizing M and RA’s budget.
You will provide oversight for civilian labor budget data.
You review, analyze, and process civilian payroll actions; making adjustments as necessary within the civilian labor systems to include OTL (Oracle Time and Labor), Work Year Personnel Cost Systems (WYPC) and Defense Civilian Pay System (DCPS).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per E.O. 14043, selectee(s) must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 11/22/2021 or date of employment (which ever comes later) except in limited circumstances where an exemption is approved due to a disability or sincerely held religious beliefs.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This is a Financial Management Level II certified position per the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) 2012, Section 1599d. You must achieve this level within prescribed timelines. Certification requirements are in DoD Instruction 1300.26.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: providing expertise in advising, assisting, developing, monitoring and planning long-range plans and annual budgets for programs and fund accounts.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address MARCORPS NATIONAL CAPITAL REGION
Marine Corps National Capital Region
Arlington, VA 20004
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]