Job opening: Engineering Technician
Salary: $82 764 - 107 590 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Incumbent will perform complex, technical work of broad scope and complexity that applies: (a) demonstrated ability to interpret, select and adapt many guidelines, precedents and engineering principles and practices relating to the area of specialization; and (b)knowledge of the construction, operation, maintenance, application, properties and limits of equipment and systems primarily found in medical and dental facilities.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Evaluate discrepancies between field conditions and drawing reporting them to management.
Select materials that meet the clinical business occupancy standards and recommends where appropriate.
Perform a wide range of quality assurance duties to support construction, repair and maintenance contract.
Manage construction and repair projects from initial design through completion and acceptance.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the completion of a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter to ensure the continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 1 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on any day or shift, including PMs, nights, weekends, holidays, or on an "on call" basis, necessary to meet mission requirements.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes using drafting software to convert the designs of engineers and architects into technical drawings and plans; and preparing or assisting to prepare scale plans, contract drawings and specifications for proposed projects. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-10).
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DJ DHA NCR MARKET
DO NOT MAIL
Various Locations, DC 00000
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk