Job opening: SECURITY SPECIALIST
Salary: $112 015 - 153 084 per year
Published at: Jan 03 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will serve as a Security Specialist performing duties located at the Special Access Program Facility (SAPF) carrying out Special Access Program (SAP) activities and Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (IJSTO).
You will provide technical, programmatic and functional expertise to support the full range of security analysis, administration, and oversight services to ensure the integrity of SAP/IJSTO initiatives throughout the program life cycle.
You will facilitate program reliability by managing access to the specialized facility resources that support SAPs.
You will Identify security gaps, specify requirements, and leverage lessons learned from previous operations and exercises.
You will explore avenues to improve security guidelines, methods, processes, training, communication, and compliance while balancing the need to support dynamic, evolving, unprecedented operational requirements.
You will advise the SAP/IJSTO Manager on matters related to special activities and their effective support.
You will provide advisement to planning teams which requires ability to apply exceptional communication skills to coordinate the efforts of other SAP/IJSTO stakeholders.
You will define SAP/IJSTO requirements for particular operations and projects including proposed strategies and methods for ensuring the security and integrity of SAP/IJSTO data and information.
You will provide the subject matter expertise for all formal and informal inspections and accreditation requests and requirements.
You will maintain the security readiness of all members with access to SAP/IJSTO, including training, reports, and personnel documentation.
You will implement, manage, and monitor security requirements to maintain the accreditation for the “vault” facility by coordinating with internal and external stakeholders and officials.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You must successfully complete a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph with No Deception Indicated (NDI).
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
Applicant must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly related to the work of the position to be filled. Qualifying experience would be demonstrated by:
-Experience leading the identification and fulfillment of security administration and requirements associated with Special Access Programs and Integrated Joint Special Technical Operations (SAP/IJSTO) programs.
-Experience developing new methods and criteria, and proposing new policies needed to address unprecedented vulnerabilities to address cyber operations and activities.
-Experience initiating reviews to ensure compliance with physical, personnel and information security requirements of SAP/IJSTO programs are met.
-Experience drafting and submitting recommendations to improve program administration and continually refining procedures based on the ability to satisfy operation demand signals.
This position is within the Work Category PROFESSIONAL at Work Level SENIOR, Series and Grade GG-0080-13.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address US FLEET CYBER COMMAND
9800 Savage Road
Fort George Meade, MD 20755-6586
- Name: Vernon Babb
- Email: [email protected]