Job opening: INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Salary: $66 134 - 85 971 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an Inventory Management Specialist/Freight Rate Specialist for the Ordnance Program, in the Ordnance Operations Division of the Logistic Support Department of NMC CWD DET SEAL BEACH.
You will provide control over supplies, equipment, or other material and logistical services and support to the Fleet and other customers through coordination with the Commander, Pacific Fleet (COMPACFLT).
You will perform as a Freight Rate Specialist, providing liaison between the NWS Seal Beach and commercial carriers and determining the mode of shipment for all movements from the station.
You will receive, review and monitor incoming requisitions for materials.
You will verify availability and issue-ability of materials and make substitutions or referrals.
You will analyze, plan and coordinate layouts of warehouses, sheds, magazines and outside storage areas.
You will review magazine utilization to determine store for upcoming materials.
You will be responsible for the preparation, review, issue and follow-up of details load plans and schedules.
You will manage conventional and non-conventional ammunition and associated components and hardware to maintain accountability of assets.
You will be responsible for producing the yearly physical inventory schedule of locations requiring annual and semi-annual counts.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to be trained and have Transportation of Hazardous Materials Certification in accordance with NAVSEA SW020-AG-SAF-010 Para 1.5.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-07 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector analyzing supply information and inventory plans for an ordnance program to coordinate the transportation and/or maintain records of the receipt, issue, storage, segregation, and reconciliation of ordnance inventory.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
In lieu of specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree
Successful completion of two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a master's degree
Possession of an LL.B. or J.D. that is related to this position being filled. https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/students/federal-occupations-by-college-major/
A combination of experience and graduate education as described above that equates to one year of experience.
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information.
- Address NMC CWD DET SEAL BEACH
800 Seal Beach Blvd
Seal Beach, CA 90740
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]