Job opening: SECURITY OFFICER (CGSSO)
Salary: $116 393 - 151 308 per year
Published at: Dec 07 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Security Officer (CGSSO) in the Naval Aviation Warfighting Development Center (NAWDC) of NAVAVNWARDEVCEN.
You will develop, direct, and monitor policy and procedures to ensure Special Access Program (SAP) within NAWDC are consistent with existing legislation and current higher command policy.
You will provide comprehensive evaluation and analysis in all aspects of proposed or existing policies.
You will plan the work to be accomplished to integrate SAPs into fleet planning, training, exercises, and operations.
You will supervise the management and material support of SAP administration, security and operations for the command, subordinate commands, and departments with SAP accessed personnel.
You will manage the integration, implementation and operation of SAPs as defined in the implementing directives of each SAP.
You will coordinate actions required to enable communication of SAP issues and fleet integrated warfighting requirements for SAP technology.
You will monitor and assign personnel, financial resources and facilities requirements to establish, support and maintain SAPs and security compliance.
You will plan and budget for program cybersecurity resources, ensuring compliance with established cybersecurity policy for all systems.
You will lead the develop effective security policies and detailed procedures from broad policy guidance while minimizing impact or detrimental effects on tactical planning or operational effectiveness.
You will manage personnel security requirements associated with SAP, including security briefings, indoctrinations, and debriefings.
You will develop, implement, and support SAP security training geared to the unique needs of the cognizant security personnel of subordinate commands.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver’s license.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- This position requires that you obtain a certificate of completion for applicable FAST positional training within 90 days of appointment.
- This position requires a State Criminal History Repository Check
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-13) grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: overseeing Special Access Programs (SAP) for an organization to include developing and implementing security policies, providing technical guidance for the safeguarding of sensitive material, and evaluating the effectiveness of security programs for the purpose of directing resources and preventing unauthorized access
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVAVNWARDEVCEN
4755 Pasture Road, Bldg 465
Fallon, NV 89496-5000
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]