Job opening: PROGRAM MGR (WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT)
Salary: $102 444 - 133 176 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a PROGRAM MANAGER (WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT) in the EXECUTIVE SUPPORT STAFF, COMMAND UNIVERSITY DIVISION, WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BRANCH (Code 1182) of PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF.
You will be responsible for analyzing and evaluating major aspects of workforce/employee development, competency management, succession planning and talent management with respect to substantive mission-oriented programs.
You will determine the impact of worker productivity, leadership, morale, and organizational effectiveness, analyzes/assesses training plans and develops long range plans to implement workforce/employee development actions throughout the Command.
You will supervise, direct, and coordinate a staff of Workforce and Employee Development Specialists/Technicians, as well as Strategic and Competency Managers.
You will set workforce/employee development, competency management, succession planning and talent management methodologies and assess expected results.
You will create/monitor training standards/plans and employs a tracking system to assess and report compliance to those standards.
You will independently prioritize, synchronize, and integrate workforce/employee development, competency management, succession planning and talent
management strategies, requirements, policies, and processes for the entire command.
You will direct, conduct and evaluate studies to develop improved processes and methods for workforce/employee development, competency management, succession planning and talent management programs.
You will develop IT solutions to include metrics dashboards, competency mapping, personal development standards, performance management and latest innovations for achieving desired objectives and goals to support program needs and improvements.
You will develop ways to resolve major workforce/employee development, competency mapping, succession planning and talent management problems.
You will participate in planning significant changes that affect workforce capabilities provided in support of the organization’s mission.
You will be responsible for oversight of vendor/contractor procurement supporting PHNSY and IMF employee/workforce development, competency management, succession planning and talent management strategies.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to wear personal protective equipment such as helmets, gloves, coveralls, glasses, goggles, respirators and safety shoes continuously for the duration of the work shift.
- Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-12 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector managing workforce development program operations to ensure compliance with organizational mission goals and budget requirements.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address PEARL HARBOR NSY AND IMF
667 Safeguard Street
Pearl Harbor, HI 96860-5033
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]