Job opening: SECURITY SPECIALIST
Salary: $80 015 - 124 677 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Security Specialist - INFOSEC LEAD in the Corporate Business & Analysis Group Security Dept/Security Support Div/Security Administrative Branch of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE.
You will ensure compliance with established security policies and procedures and coordinate command security requirements as the Team Lead of the Information Security team.
You will establish priorities and coordinate work across projects, programs or people, and effectively balance work demands.
You will provide daily support in general security administration by answering security inquiries, processing courier requests, conducting inspections on certified spaces.
You will develop Security Classification Guides, schedule and conduct security coordinator/security officer meetings, and carrying out tasks assigned to the Information Security Team.
You will be responsible for reporting to the Command Security Manager any security incidents and electronic spillages; conduct preliminary investigation, coordinate with Original Classification Authority, collect data, and provide findings.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for STRL Demo jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower pay band. This requirement is called time-in-band. Time-in-band requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower pay band (DP-03)or grade level (GS-9/10)in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector performing some or all of the following: 1) Experience providing security related training briefs to workforce under area of cognizance. 2) Leading other security specialists and assistants from an oversight perspective and providing training and guidance, as necessary; 3) Effectively communicating with leadership, research projects, identifying viable solutions, and establishing priorities; 4) Reporting security incidents, providing immediate guidance, and recommending corrective actions; 5) performing inspections, reporting findings, and mitigating risks.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE
1 Administration Circle
China Lake, CA 93555-6100
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]