Job opening: ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN
Salary: $80 015 - 148 255 per year
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as an Electronics Technician in the Weapons & Energetics Department of NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE.
You will work with Electrical Engineers and PCB designers to create electronic assemblies to customer specifications/requirements.
You will use various methods to solder and inspect PCBs/CCAs to ensure industry standards are met.
You will build cables and electronic assemblies using industry best practices.
You will plan and schedule work to meet customer needs, order electronics components, track inventory, and inspect IAW ICP standards.
You will review PCB designs to ensure best practices and risk mitigation strategies are applied to populate PCBs following schematics and assembly drawings.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for STRL jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower band level. This requirement is called time-in-band. Time-in-band requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate:
At DT-04 Level:
At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-09/10) or pay band (DT-03) in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector in order to perform the duties of an Electronics Technician. Specialized experiences must include duties related to the following: (1) Performing work related to soldering surface and through hole; (2) Utilizing advanced hand tool and soldering equipment; (3) Utilizing electronics/CCA testing equipment; and (4) Demonstrating the ability to complete tasks using problem solving skills.
At DT-05 Level:
I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level (GS-11/12) or pay band (DT-04) in the federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector in order to perform the duties of an Electronics Technician. Specialized experiences must include duties related to the following: (1) Demonstrating experience pertaining to electronics troubleshooting and testing equipment; (2) Utilizing advanced skills in diagnostics and repairs of electronic assemblies; (3) Performing work related to schematics; and (4) Troubleshooting existing assets/boards/components of systems to determine failure root cause.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
0856 Series: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/electronics-technical-series-0856/
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
- Address NAVAIRWARCENWPNDIV CHINA LAKE
1 Administration Circle
China Lake, CA 93555-6100
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]