Job opening: EDUCATIONAL AID (SPED ASSESSOR)
Salary: $18 - 31 per hour
Published at: Sep 22 2023
Employment Type: Part-time
About the Position:
This position is located at: Department of Defense Education Activity Americas, Mid-Atlantic District, Fort Liberty, North Carolina. This position will be utilized at both Gordon Elementary School and Poole Elementary School.
Description of the working environment: Work is performed in a classroom setting.
Communicate with parents, staff or others regarding scheduling meetings with Assessor via email and phone.
Communicate with appropriate personnel to notify them of suspense dates and when each phase of the assessment process is completed.
Use judgment to answer recurring questions, resolve problems, and control and restrict personal information to those with a “need to know”.
Organize and maintain assessor files beginning with assessment planning through eligibility completion.
Develop and maintain data system for tracking status of the assessment process
Enter assessment data into school level data management system
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Two year trial period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Current Competitive Service Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) Civilian EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service Department of Defense Education Activity (DoDEA) EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service Department of Defense EmployeeCurrent Excepted Service EmployeeCurrent Permanent Department of Defense (DoD) Civilian EmployeeExecutive Order (E.O.) 12721Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)Non-Department of Defense (DoD) TransferPeople with Disabilities, Schedule APostal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique AuthoritiesPriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Experience required: To qualify based on experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. General experience is defined as: progressively responsible clerical, office or other work that indicates ability to acquire the particular knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of an Educational Aide.
Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the requires experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below.
1) Qualifying based on education alone: Education may be substituted for general experience with 2 years (60 semester hours) of education above high school.
2) Qualifying based on a combination of education and general experience: A combination of education and general experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education by 60. Add the 2 percentages. Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of undergraduate education is equivalent to 30 semester hours.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Applies Technology to TasksInterpersonal SkillsSelf-Management
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address Gordon Elementary School
4200 Percy Blvd Bldg L-6323
Cameron, NC 28326
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk