Job opening: TECHNICIAN
Salary: $93 858 - 175 192 per year
Published at: Sep 19 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a TECHNICIAN in the Ballistic Missile Defense Test and Evaluation Branch within the Combat Systems Test and Evaluation Department of NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER.
You will serve as Project Officer (PO) directing other technical personnel in support of one or more of the following areas: AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense (ABMD), Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD), or other AEGIS Test and Evaluation events.
You will be required to achieve and maintain a Project Officer level Ill Training Qualification Standard as defined in NSWCPHDINST 12933.2.
You will lead test projects aboard Navy ships testing combat systems, weapon systems, and missiles as the single point of contact for all shipboard activities for the event.
You will define, plan, and execute critical projects which are complex and involve multiple disciplines and organizations both internal and off station, including contractors.
You will provide both expert consultant system services and technical assistance related to In-Service Engineering (ISE), operations, testing, evaluation, maintenance, and repair of the AEGIS Combat System.
You will participate in all planning meetings and provide engineering services to support development of test event scenarios, execution plans, and test plans.
You will apply project and budget management principles to technical and programmatic elements to meet overall NSWC PHO and sponsor objectives.
You will perform analysis and investigate issues/Test Observation Reports (TORs) discovered during testing/operations, and participate in resolution of combat system problems.
You will ensure Aegis Combat System elements have been installed properly per specification requirements and are operating as designed.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower level, the NT-04 pay band (GS-11/12 equivalent) or grade level in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector providing technical or managerial oversight of the test and evaluation process (e.g., program coordination, requirements determination, resource utilization, scenario development) in support of naval ballistic missile defense programs.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address NAVAL SURFACE WARFARE CENTER
4363 Missile Way
Port Hueneme, CA 93043
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]