Job opening: Supervisory Human Resources Specialist (Military)
Salary: $82 830 - 107 680 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: Serves as a Human Resources Specialist (Military) for U.S. Army V Corps, in the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-1, Personnel Management Division. Assists with the execution of Military Human Resources programs that provide personnel support in connection with the accomplishment of the overall mission.
TERM position - please reference Additional Information section for more details concerning a TERM appointment.
Research current DoD and DA Publications and local Policy
Analyze information and data; assesses progress of programs, projects and processes.
Plan and assigns work, sets priorities, resolves conflicts, and advises team members on program goals and objectives.
Communicate and coordinate with project officers internally and externally to the command.
Investigate and assists in resolving sensitive issues.
Coordinate actions and develops consolidated reports and responses.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Tier 3 (NCS/SECRET) background investigation.
- Must be able to work extended and/or other than normal duty hours, including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime to the extent determined by the supervisor.
- Must be able to work under austere living conditions, as well as, share accommodation under field conditions (containers, tents and/or barracks).
- Must be able to perform business related travel up to 60% of the time.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid state-issued driver?s license.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Forces Certificate of License.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government driver?s license to operate non-tactical vehicle/transportation motor pool (NTV/TMP) vehicles such as a sedan or small passenger van.
- Must be able to travel using military transportation or non-commercial means of travel.
- IAW DoD Policy, must be able to obtain and maintain a no-fee Special Issuance Passport (SIP) and associated visa while assigned to a Federal civilian position in an area requiring a passport and associated visa.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
30 Percent or More Disabled VeteransCurrent Department of Army Civilian EmployeesInteragency Career Transition Assistance PlanMilitary Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473Modification of Term AppointmentsPeople with Disabilities, Schedule APriority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) EligibleReinstatement
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes: provide technical personnel advice and guidance; provide personnel readiness; draft HR management policies and guides; execute Military Personnel Strength Management. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
AccountabilityHuman Capital ManagementManaging Human ResourcesTechnical Competence
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Address DM-APF-WAT695 HHBN V CORPS
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Knox, KY 40121
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk