Job opening: HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Salary: $132 368 - 172 075 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST in the DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY of Assistant Secretary of the Navy (M&RA).
You will serve as a subject matter expert, consultant, and lead HR specialist ensuring that various HR functions and actions comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
You will be considered an expert in the Senior Executive Service portfolio.
You will research, interpret, analyze and apply various guidelines, policies, regulations.
You will serve as consultant, maintaining positive relations with, and providing guidance and assistance to Senior leaders across the Department of the Navy.
You will develop, prepare and deliver position papers, reports, briefings, and congressional responses.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This position is eligible for part time or ad-hoc telework at the discretion of management.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-13 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
Serving as a Senior HR Specialist and subject-matter expert, responsible for planning, developing and delivering the full range of HR advice, technical and support services to clients on all matters (recruitment, performance management, and executive development) that pertain to the Senior Executive Cadre and Political Appointees. Conducting data analysis, leading special studies/projects as required and having primary oversight of the technologies, policies and processes associated with the executive human resources lifecycle.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address ASSTSECNAV MR-A WASHINGTON DC
Washington Navy Yard
Washington, DC 20374
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]