Job opening: Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC)
Salary: $91 270 - 118 651 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Information Technology Management (INFOSEC).
About the Position: This position is located in the Integrated Logistics Support Center of TACOM. This position will be filled on a permanent basis.
Serve as technical expert, source of expertise, and focal point concerning IT security/information assurance and IT policy and planning, programs, initiatives and certification and accreditation.
Administer and monitor implementation of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
Review risk assessments and analyze impact of potential vulnerabilities.
Maintain data base of system accreditation status, develops reports, and alerts system proponents when accreditation documentation must be updated.
Implement and administer elements of the Army's Information Assurance (IA) program.
Develop and manage the organization's program that implements information systems security technology and procedures, to include access control and authentication of users and transmitted information.
Prepare, distribute, and maintain plans, instructions, guidance, and standard operating procedures (SOPs) on the security of automated operations.
Make IT recommendations and establishes timelines for corrective action.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment.
- Please see "additional information" section for more conditions of employment.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Basic Requirement for Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC):
Specialized and Other Experience: I have one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service which includes: reporting or correcting security violations; reviewing risk analysis, accreditation, or certification packages for accordance with agency requirements; evaluating existing or proposed cyber security procedures; and developing or disseminating information assurance training throughout the organization.
The specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
(1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: completing thorough and accurate work independently, even in the most difficult or stressful situations; occasionally reviewing work completed by others.
(2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: resolving routine and non-routine problems, questions, or complaints; developing and maintaining strong, mutually supportive working relationships with customers; conducting evaluation of support to determine quality of services and customer satisfaction, and recommending procedural changes based on customer need or changes in policy and/or regulation.
(3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: convincingly conveying complex information to customers; presenting thoughts that are well-organized and demonstrating confidence in the facts and ideas; adjusting style when working with individuals with different levels of understanding; using various methods to explain and convey information.
(4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: solving complex or sensitive problems by developing and proposing strategic alternatives; identifying possible conflicts and shared benefits; helping team anticipate problems and identifying and evaluating potential sources of information; providing feedback and coaching to others to help solve problems; engaging appropriate stakeholders when developing solutions in order to understand and incorporate multiple perspectives and needs; evaluating the effectiveness of decisions and adjusting future decisions as appropriate.
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address BV-APF-W4GGAA US ARMY TANK-AUTOMOTIVE AND ARMAMENTS CM
DO NOT MAIL
Warren, MI 48397
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk