Job opening: Financial Management Analyst
Salary: $94 199 - 145 617 per year
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will NOT be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants should review the "How to Apply" section of this flyer for more information on how to be considered. This flyer will be used as positions become available. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer.
As a Financial Management Analyst responsibilities include: Analyze financial and/or budget requirements covering all aspects of resource management programs.
Apply extensive technical knowledge in analyzing management systems and in identifying and resolving complex issues related to functional financial areas.
Analyzes data, compiles facts and information, and provides technical advice to customers.
Utilize automated systems such as General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFEBS) to provide financial data collection and execution.
Assignments may involve developing resource documents, conducting studies to compare current findings with historical data, monitoring an organization's resource allocations.
Monitor resource allocations for the organization.
Perform budget analysis of financial programs with high visibility such as congressional budget line items; the impact of changes in legislative or regulatory requirements; consideration of long-range program goals and objectives.
Analyzes interrelated issues of effectiveness, efficiency, and productivity affecting major administrative programs/projects of an agency.
Provide financial management guidance to customers in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This is a Top Secret with SCI position. It is designated Special-Sensitive (4) Top Secret (TS) security clearance with Sensitive Compartmented Access (SCI), or the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance/access.
- A Single Scope Background Investigation is required for TS/SCI access and must be completed prior to hiring and periodically thereafter.
- This is a testing designated position. Personnel are required to sign DA Form 5019-R (Condition of Employment for Certain Civilian Positions Identified as critical under the Department of the Army Drug-Free Federal Workplace Program).
- Personnel must pass drug screening prior to hiring and will be subject to periodic and random drug testing, thereafter, in accordance with AR 600-85 and Department of Defense Directive 2010.9.
- This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of up to 25% of the time.
- Persons born after 31 December 1959 and assigned the gender of male at birth must be registered for Selective Service.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- THIS IS A FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Level 2 Certified position designated as such in accordance with the NDAA 2012, Public Law 112-81, Subtitle F-Financial Management, section 1051, amending 10 United States Code, section 1599d.
- Incumbent of this position is required to comply with all Department of Defense and Department of the Army requirements of the FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Level 2 certification program.
- FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Level 2 certification requirement is a condition of employment for this position. Failure to obtain this certification within the required time may subject the incumbent to adverse action.
Workforce Flexibilities for the Science & Technology Reinvention Laboratories (STRL) waives the requirements of Title 5 CFR 330.104 allowing for the utilization of one subject matter expert (SME) when considering demonstrated exceptional experience or a combination of experience and education in lieu of a candidate's meeting the Office Personnel Management (OPM) individual occupational qualification requirements for science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) positions. When considering the qualifications of a candidate who does not exactly meet the educational requirements for a particular series, one SME may conduct a comprehensive evaluation of an applicant's entire background, with full consideration given to both education and experience. References: Federal Register/Vol 85, No. 235/Monday, December 7, 2020, and Office of Personnel Management, General Schedule Qualifications Policies, paragraph 4.g.
The C5ISR Center values diversity, equity, and inclusion in our work environment. We are committed to a learning culture that respects and leverages our differences and drives us all to be more creative, innovative and successful.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address FN-W4G8AA US ARMY COMBAT CAPABILITIES DEV CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk