Job opening: Materials Handler
Salary: $23 - 27 per hour
Published at: Sep 01 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You will serve as a Materials Handler in the Receiving and Distribution Branch, Distribution Management Office of MARINE CORPS BASE.
You will independently loads and unloads materials from trucks, rail cars, and other material conveyances using fork lifts, manual and mechanized pallet jacks in mechanized or unimproved warehouses.
You will assists the supervisor in developing plans for storage and arrangement of stock in accordance with reception and distribution plans.
You will prepare inventory and production reports, screen and identify shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and direct shipments to shipping or storage areas.
You will use automated equipment such as optical readers and scanners (bar code wands or similar device) and computer keyboards to develop a computerized inventory data, access materials, and process items for distribution.
You will perform specialized handling of hazardous or sensitive materials required for the safe handling, storage and movement of materials handled.
You will locate, access, load and move material for shipment and verify or prepare documents either manually or by using automated equipment/information systems.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver?s license
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current Forklift license.
- This is a Mission Essential position. You will be required to ensure organization or facility continuity of operations and/or completion of tasks that are considered essential to the mission designated by a local or command decision.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. Applicants who do not receive a minimum of two points on the screen-out element(s) will be found ineligible. The Screen-out Element for this position is: Ability to do the job without more than normal supervision.
(The ability to perform the most difficult and complex tasks including 1)Independently loads and unloads materials from trucks, rail cars, and other material conveyances using fork lifts, manual and mechanized pallet jacks in mechanized or unimproved warehouses; 2) Developing plans for storage and arrangement of stock in accordance with reception and distribution plans; 3) Preparing inventory and production reports, screen and identify shipping and receiving documents for discrepancies, and direct shipments to shipping or storage areas; and 4) Performing specialized handling or hazardous or sensitive materials required for the safe handling, storage, and movement of materials handled.)
Applicants must meet the requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Job Qualification Handbook for Trades and Labor Occupations. Additional qualification information can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements
- Address MARINE CORPS BASE
PSC Box 20185
Camp Lejeune, NC 28542
- Name: Department of Navy EIC
- Email: [email protected]