Job opening: Administrative Support Assistant
Salary: $46 696 - 60 703 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located in the Pharmacy Department of the Director of Clinical Support Services, Naval Hospital, Camp Lejeune. The position is responsible for a wide range and variety of technical duties including operational and administrative support and information management functions in support of the Pharmacy Management Team.
Consult contract employees ,contracting officer's representative, and leadership of the department on administrative matters.
Review employee timesheets for accuracy.
Screen correspondence for requirements, format, and appropriateness of data.
Evaluate personnel and operational costs relative to payroll and/or compensation.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Secret security clearance or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position has mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirements and is subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations unless otherwise exempted for medical or religious reasons (documentation of exemption must be provided upon hire).
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position may require the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing and/or a hepatitis screening based on established requirements within the command.
- This position may require heavy lifting up to 20 lbs.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience and/or education requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized which includes performing administrative duties such as receiving telephone calls, reviewing time sheets for accuracy, arranging meetings, training, and/ or travel accommodations for an organization; utilizing automated systems for entering and retrieving data; preparing correspondence, such as reports and meeting minutes, with word processing software. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Education: One full year of graduate level education in a field which demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work of the position, such as Business Administration, Public Administration, Healthcare Administration.
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 18. Add the two percentages.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Computer SkillsCustomer Service (Clerical/Technical)Manages and Organizes InformationWritten Communication
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DD83DX DHA NC COAST MKT-LEJEUNE
DO NOT MAIL
Camp Lejeune, NC 28547
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk