Job opening: IT SPECIALIST (CUSTSPT)
Salary: $78 592 - 122 459 per year
Published at: Aug 14 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: This position is located at HQ IT Division, Team 2, Quantico Section with the DoDEA Information Technology Division, Global Customer Support Services Branch.
Management may select at the GS-11 target 12 or at the full performance GS-12 level. This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to the target grade of the position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management.
Analyze incident request trends and patterns in order find opportunities to improve services.
Analyze, document, and plan for additions, upgrade, or configuration to ensure proper application software and web services.
Analyze hardware and software problems for on-the-spot repair/replacement or referral for other repairs.
Remove, reinstall or reconfigure desktop software or web services in order to correct issues.
Monitor helpdesk system for newly submitted tickets, documents, and update existing tickets until complete resolution.
Test new software deployment packages and Operating System images and provide feedback or solutions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Requirement.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- One year trial or probationary period may be required.
- Appointment subject to a suitability/fitness determination, as determined by a background investigation.
- This position requires a Tier 1 (T1) investigation with Childcare Checks since its duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Status of current IAT-2 certification must be included in application. Information on the Cyber Workforce Management Program is available at https://public.cyber.mil/cwmp/.
- his position is covered by the Department of Defense Directive 8140.01, Cyberspace Workforce Management, August 11, 2015.
- Applicants must possess Information Security requirements: IAT Level II (Intermediate) certificate.
- This position has weight limit requirement to be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- May be required to carry a government issue cell phone.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
Basic Requirement for Information Technology Specialist (Customer Support):GS-11:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes providing advanced technical support to end-users or other technicians; interacting with lower-tiered support personnel to facilitate complex problem recognition or management; and logging corrective actions taken and escalating more complex problems to senior level technicians. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the second lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-09).
Education: Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statistics, or technology management; or, three full years of graduate education from an accredited or pre-accredited institution that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaptation of applications, systems, or networks.
GS-12: Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes providing immediate response and resolution to information technology tickets; analyzing information technology helpdesk tickets for escalation; and diagnosing hardware or software problems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted at the GS-12 grade level.
The specialized experience must include, or be supplemented by, information technology related experience (paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training, as appropriate) which demonstrates each of the four competencies, as defined:
(1) Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include GS-09/11: completing work independently that rarely requires editing or review by others. GS-12: completing thorough and accurate work independently, even in the most difficult or stressful situations; occasionally reviewing work completed by others.
(2) Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include GS-09/11: resolving simple and routine problems, questions, or complaints and providing support and guidance to customers on non-routine issues; serving as a primary resource for customers, requesting assistance with complex issues when necessary; and participating in meetings and providing advice to customers in own area of expertise. GS-12: resolving routine and non-routine problems, questions, or complaints; developing and maintaining strong, mutually supportive working relationships with customers; conducting evaluation of support to determine quality of services and customer satisfaction, and recommending procedural changes based on customer need or changes in policy and/or regulation.
(3) Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include GS-09/11: expressing facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing, and organized manner; clearly conveying moderately complex ideas, concepts, and information to customers; exhibiting active listening by demonstrating understanding of audience comments and/or questions. GS-12: convincingly conveying complex information to customers; presenting thoughts that are well-organized and demonstrating confidence in the facts and ideas; adjusting style when working with individuals with different levels of understanding; using various methods to explain and convey information.
(4) Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. Examples of IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include GS-09/11: identifying and solving problems by gathering and applying information from a variety of materials or sources that provide several alternatives; recognizing and taking action to address non-routine problems; soliciting feedback from multiple stakeholders to understand an issue or problem and accurately assess its root causes and potential solutions; seeking supervisory review where appropriate. GS-12: solving complex or sensitive problems by developing and proposing strategic alternatives; identifying possible conflicts and shared benefits; helping team anticipate problems and identifying and evaluating potential sources of information; providing feedback and coaching to others to help solve problems; engaging appropriate stakeholders when developing solutions in order to understand and incorporate multiple perspectives and needs; evaluating the effectiveness of decisions and adjusting future decisions as appropriate.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address DoDEA Headquarters
4800 Mark Center Drive
Alexandria, VA 22311
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk