Job opening: Computer Assisted Ordering Technician
Salary: $44 056 - 57 288 per year
Published at: Aug 11 2023
Employment Type: Full-time
You are responsible for the completeness and accuracy of your application package. We encourage you to read the entire announcement before starting the application process. Qualifications and requirements must be met by the announcement closing date.
This recruitment is subject to restrictions of the DoD referral system for displaced employees and category rating procedures.
Positions may be filled from this announcement up to 90 days after it closes.
Serves as a Computer Assisted Ordering Technician in a commissary store at a Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) facility. The primary purpose of this position is Maintain accurate perpetual inventory balance on hand (BOH) levels which in turn determines optimum ordering quantities and ensures product availability for patrons.
Position responsibilities include:
Maintains the Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) system with current, accurate data to ensure optimal order quantities are calculated necessary to sustain customer demands.
Uses radio-frequency hand-held terminals to gather data necessary to update and adjust inventory
Records and updates Balance on Hand (BOH) data; maintains perpetual inventory and audits credits
Performs daily inventory audit of items not-in-stock and overwrite items
Evaluates stock levels of all CAO categories daily by physically reviewing the storage and display shelf locations, shippers and warehouse.
Interfaces with all levels of management and deals directly with commercial distributor/vendor stocking representatives on issues affecting CAO
- Must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. National.
- Must meet minimum age requirement. See the Additional Information section for more information.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with the Selective Service System by the announcement closing date or exempt from registration.
- Appointment is subject to successful E-Verify check. Learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Appointment is subject to a suitability or fitness determination, based on a completed background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearance eligibility based on appropriate background investigation.
- May be subject to a one year probationary/trial period.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Physical Requirements: Work may be performed in the freeze and chill boxes exposing incumbent to extremes in temperature. Must be able to wear any/all protective clothing provided, such as freezer gear.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift items up to 40 lbs without assistance. Physical exertion such as long periods of standing, bending, lifting, carrying and reaching while searching for stock and replenishing shelves is required
- Work Environment: A significant amount of work is performed in the warehouse which is often drafty, and noisy and special precautions must be used while working around material handling equipment
- Work Environment: The work environment involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions.
Your resume and supporting documents must show that you possess (A) 1 year equivalent to at least GS-4, OR (B) 4 full years of successfully completed education above high school that was complete in an accredited business, secretarial, technical school, junior college, college or university, OR (C) a combination of experience and education that equals 100% of the qualification requirements. To compute the percentage of experience and education you have that meets the qualification requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours by 60. Add the two percentages. General experience is progressively responsible clerical, office, or other work that indicates the ability to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to perform the duties of this position.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service program (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Examples of qualifying experience:
Experience using hand held terminals to gather data necessary to update and adjust inventory;
Experience ensuring optimal shelf space allocation for available stock;
Ordering product; and/or maintaining a perpetual inventory.
See the OPM Qualification Standards for more information. This position is covered under Clerical and Administrative Support Positions.
Education used to qualify for this position must be from an accredited school or educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
and a copy of your transcript is required as part of your application package. For the application process, unofficial transcripts are acceptable if they contain the applicant's name, the name of the school, the date and degree that was awarded, and the list of classes and credits earned. Failure to provide transcripts will result in you being rated ineligible for this position. If selected, you must provide an official transcript before we set your entrance on duty date.
. If using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show a private organization specializing in interpreting foreign education programs has deemed the foreign education equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program or show that a U.S. accredited college or university has given full credit for the foreign courses.
- Address Defense Commissary Agency East
1300 E Avenue
Fort Gregg-Adams, VA 22380
- Name: DeCA DE East Servicing Team
- Phone: 614-692-3911
- Email: [email protected]