Job opening: Management and Program Analyst
Salary: $117 962 - 153 354 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This position is located in the US Department of Agriculture, Departmental Management, Office of Human Resources Management, Employee Experience Division. EED ensures that Departmental guidance is properly adhered to, that Mission Area policies are
not in violation of any rules or regulations, and that Departmental initiatives are being properly and expeditiously carried out throughout USDA.
Develops procedures and systems for establishing, operating, and assessing the effectiveness of administrative control systems such as those designed to prevent waste, loss, unauthorized use, or misappropriation of assets.
Assists in the development and maintenance of sound diversity reports and systems that continuously improve the professional knowledge and skills of the organizations workforce.
Establishes and analyzes training metrics. Advises on the potential benefits/uses of automation to improve the efficiency of administrative support or program operations.
Remains in continuous contact and collaboration with the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (OASCR) and with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and all divisions within OHRM.
Prepares project papers and staff reports and presents briefings to managers to encourage understanding and acceptance of findings and recommendations.
Provides technical information in developing and recommending procedures and policies to improve internal control and
achieve desired levels of management control.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one-year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Multiple selections may be made from this vacancy announcement.
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
Qualifying experience for GS- includes 13 one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-12 which is directly related to the work of this position, and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is experience:
(1) Analyzing, evaluating, and improving the efficiency of internal administrative operations (2) Conducting management analysis studies, evaluating, and resolving varied complex problems and situations. (3) Analyzing workforce data and operational reports to address program challenges.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address Departmental Administration
1400 Independence Ave SW
Washington, DC 20250
- Name: Alice Adekunle
- Email: [email protected]