Job opening: IT CYBERSECURITY SPECIALIST (INFOSEC)
Salary: $100 495 - 137 338 per year
Published at: Feb 12 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
This is a public notice flyer to notify interested applicants of anticipated vacancies. Applications will not be accepted through this flyer. Interested applicants must follow the directions in the "How to Apply" section of this flyer to be considered. There may or may not be actual vacancies filled from this flyer. Notice of Result letters will not be sent to applicants who respond to this flyer.
You will serve as an IT Cybersecurity Specialist (INFOSEC) in the Office of Compliance and Assessment (OCA), Office of the Commander-Headquarters at U.S. Fleet Cyber Command.
You will serve as a Cybersecurity Assessor evaluating cybersecurity compliance using a systematic process to assess risks from multiple vectors, determine root causes and provide recommended mitigation strategies.
You will be responsible for evaluating IT Systems and related functions to determine an organization's cybersecurity readiness in accordance with U.S. Government (USG), Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Navy (DON) and command policies.
You will audit, inspect and use assessment principles, plans, policies, standards, methods and procedures and tools to identify and evaluate technical and non-technical factors for the organization's cybersecurity status.
You will incorporate all available information to assess an organization's cyber defense posture.
You will compile lessons learned from inspections to contribute to cybersecurity vulnerability knowledge management and resultant training efforts.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 612 within 12 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled. You must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1- Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Applying IT cybersecurity methodologies in difficult and unique environments in order to analyze complex vulnerability information and generate impact/risk assessments.
2- Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Collaborating and coordinating with internal and external contacts to obtain information and identify issues requiring further investigation.
3- Oral Communication- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Providing oral and written communication in a comprehensive and articulate manner.
4- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include: Developing new methods, approaches and procedures to address the protections needs (i.e., security controls) of information systems and networks.
In addition to my experience demonstrating the four competencies above, I have qualifying experience such as:
-Experience creating and performing cyber activities that identify exploitable technical and operational vulnerabilities in network systems.
-Experience evaluating cybersecurity compliance using systematic process to assess risks from multiple vectors, determine root causes, and provide recommended mitigation strategies.
-Experience executing risk-based auditing, compliance and vulnerability assessment methodologies to assess and evaluate system controls for information and mission assurance.
-Experience performing scans of enterprise network assets and devices to analyze system responses and ability to thwart intrusions.
This position is within the Work Category PROFESSIONAL at Work Level FULL PERFORMANCE, Series and Grade GG-2210-12.
Additional qualifications information can be found from the following Department of Defense website: https://dodcio.defense.gov/Cyber-Workforce/CES.aspx
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
- Address US FLEET CYBER COMMAND
9800 Savage Road
Fort George Meade, MD 20755-6586
- Name: Bakari Bivins
- Email: [email protected]