Job opening: Health Technician
Salary: $55 924 - 72 703 per year
Published at: Feb 10 2024
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Position: The position falls under Defense Health Agency National Capital Region, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital, providing screening and triage to patients, counseling on test results, health promotion topics and readiness compliance, providing minor care for diagnosis, and administrative support including scheduling, database management, compiling reports, ordering supplies, patient reception and answering phones in the Internal Medicine clinic.
This is a Direct Hire Solicitation
Receive and screen patients upon arrival.
Review medical records and occupational history.
Perform routine patient care such as electrocardiogram, vision screening and vital signs, ear irrigations, swabs, suture/staple removal, etc.
Provide minor care for diagnosis including, but not limited to abrasions, minor burns, strains, sprains, and dressing changes.
Assist examiners or physicians in direct physical examinations, minor surgical procedures, emergency care including CPR and other clinical duties.
Address health promotion topics with patient.
Document patient history in an electronic medical record.
Provide administrative support including patient scheduling, database management, maintenance of accurate logs and tracking/tickler systems, compilation of statistical reports, supply ordering, patient reception, answering telephones.
Ensure the sterile condition and adequacy of supplies in patient care areas and storage rooms.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the incumbent be able to obtain and maintain a determination of eligibility for a Tier 3 security investigation or access for the duration of employment. A background investigation and credit check are required.
- This position requires that you obtain and maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is therefore subject to annual seasonal influenza vaccinations.
- This position requires the incumbent to have tuberculosis testing.
- This position has been designated Mission Essential. In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- A Childcare Background Check (CNACI) is required. This position has a specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties require contact with children.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes performing patient intake screening; assisting physican with triage or examinations; and providing administrative support in a clinical setting such as scheduling and documenting patient information in an automated medical record. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
Education: Successfully completed one full academic year of graduate level education in a field directly related to the work of the position, such as a Healthcare Technician or Medical Technician, and other related health science fields. (Note: You must attach a copy of your transcripts.)
Combination of Education and Experience: A combination of education and experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of experience by 12. Then divide the total number of completed graduate semester hours (or equivalent) by 9. Add the two percentages.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
- Address JT-DHA-DDAAFG DHA NCR MKT-FT BELVOIR COMM HOS
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Belvoir, VA 22060
- Name: Army Applicant Help Desk